We are half way through the term!

March5

It was lovely to see all Receptions independently walk into the building on Friday morning and get themselves organised for the school day.One very proud..but not surprised teacher as I know how well we manage our morning routines.We will hold another Independence Day in a fortnight.

Thank you to the parents who attended the reading workshops last week. We would like your feedback on whether you found it useful, would like more information  etc. to assist us when planning other workshops and writing our blog posts on reading.

First readers were sent home on Friday, everyone was very excited and couldn’t wait to share the book with their family! Please sign the communication book in the appropriate column and remind your child to put it back into their blue reader folder.This week we begin reading partners and these books are an important part of this and our daily reading programme.My previous post highlighted some ways to support your child. As we look at reading strategies I will post more information so you can reinforce these at home.

Listening to your child read their book is one way I monitor reading progress and for organisation I do this on their sharing day.During this time I also assess sight word recognition. New lists maybe added then. If a word is highlighted, it needs more practice, of course don’t forget to revisit previous lists to strengthen fluency.

I have sent confirmation of your interview times via email. Please see me if you haven’t received it or if your plans change and the time no longer suits.

Any questions or comments? Feel free to post.

by posted under Newsletters | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

March 2017
M T W T F S S
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  

cluster maps

Archives

Skip to toolbar